Wednesday 15 April 2015

Modeling





The second way we are conditioned is called as Modeling.

Well from past years of your life, you must have believed and implemented what you have seen with your eyes. In short; we believe and implement what we see. As kids, we learn just about everything from modeling.

Just try and think; what were your parents like in the arena of money when you were growing up? Were they managing money well or they mismanaged it? Were they shrewd investors or non investors? What was type of money flow they have, continuous or sporadic? Was money a source of joy in your house or the cause of bitter argument? I request you to analyze your own money beliefs which you have with you now. I guarantee most of us have deep rooted the same beliefs which are gifted to us while you were kid. And believe me;
it’s not just about money. It is true for every part of your life. Because one of the old saying says “every fruit doesn’t fall too far from the tree”.

Let us take an example of how modeling affects us. We have a ritual of breaking a coconut. I have observed some people break the coconut with top on front and some people with base of coconut on front. I was just wondering, why this two different type of coconut breaking. I analyzed by pattern of breaking a coconut. I used to keep top on the front. While I analyzed, there is no specific reason, but I have seen my parents doing in the similar pattern and carrying this habit for all these years.

The point is that generally speaking, we tend to be identical to one or a combination of our parents in the arena of money.

For example, my father was an entrepreneur and used to run a foundry. He used to do job work for one of renowned automobile company. General trend in the automobile industry is that for every cycle of 5 years there used to be a recession. During every recession there was no job work and thus he used to be in heavy cash crunch. Things happened for several years. And if I observe now situation is much similar these days also.

SO my mind was trained to be in recession every 5 years till the time I changed my self. I said I have to be in a business which does have had any recession and I acted accordingly. So I tried to change the modeled thought about money to change in my favor.

Another specific modeling engraved in your mind is “You must save enough money for your hospitalization, after retirement you will be suffering lot of health issues” Now here our intention is to save money for hospitalization so with power of intention we end up spending our savings for the same purpose.

In short my friends, we have to be very clear with our purpose for money. Modeling had played a very vital role in making our money habits. For reaching fully financial potential you need to recognize how all these negative habits have affected your success in the arena of money and change to positive habits.

Steps for changing these habits remain same.

  1. Awareness of negative money habits on your mind.
  2. Understanding of how these negative habits have done impact on your financial life.
  3. Disassociation by considering how you really want to be in present life.
  4. Declaration by saying that “Whatever I have learned negative about money is not true. Now onwards I will choose my own way to live my present life”


Stay tuned for our next blog on – “Specific Incidents”

No comments:

Post a Comment